David Marks Garages
Make a donation to XJ40.com

Downsizing

Meeting room
nlcrane
Spain Rep

Downsizing

Postby nlcrane » Tue Nov 16, 2021 10:58 pm

My wife and I have been thinking about downsizing for some time now, the house is too large, the garden and pool is just too much work, our kids are living and working overseas and a smaller, rented apartment is looking more and more attractive to us as we grow older. This downsizing would also mean offloading masses of furniture, personal effects, books etc. etc. collected over the years.
Which brings me to the sale of my beloved XJ40, all the parts I have collected and all the Jaguar books and memorabilia that I have bought over the years. I would just not have room in an apartment to keep it all.
I can list all the individual items should anyone be interested, but the information of the car is as follows.

1994 Sovereign Gold specification, 4.0 LTR
Left Hand Drive
67000 km, ITV (Spanish MOT) up to date.
British racing green
Immaculate condition, always garaged, no rust, lattice wheels including spare. Spare set of 5 kiwi wheels and tyres.

Should there be interest for the house, then it has 5 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, living area 300 m2, conservatory 30 m2, outside kitchen (Argentine Quincho) and barbecue area (36 m2), pool 9 x 5 meters, terrain a total of 500 m2 and all at a height of 3 meters above the level of the street, garage of 30 m2 at street level. Should you be interested.
ImageImageImage
1994 Sovereign Gold 4.0

Area rep. SPAIN
espana.xj40@googlemail.com

donkeyotty
North Wales Rep

Re: Downsizing

Postby donkeyotty » Wed Nov 17, 2021 11:02 am

Hi Norman, hope you and Amparo and the kids are all good :D Absolute shame but time moves on, I know it will break your heart to sell the Sov and it’s associated memorabilia, I sincerely hope it goes to a similar minded enthusiast. We were looking to move house but realised it is just slightly beyond us now so will stay and enjoy what we have instead of the stress of what we haven’t. Pamela and I send our best wishes to you all.
1994 Regency Red 4.0 Sovereign M117FVC
2004 Volvo V50 2.4 auto SE Estate (Daily)

pimgmx

Postby pimgmx » Wed Nov 17, 2021 12:12 pm

A new life chapter, Norman...

Wishing Amparo & you all the best with the apartment hunt, and good luck with the downsizing project!
The first can be fun, I guess the latter probably less so...

the daily: 01 S8 http://bit.ly/2kIwP4m
the eyecatcher: 93 Insignia http://bit.ly/1iGrmsU
the GT: 89 XJS http://bit.ly/1WQGpC5
the diva: 88 Biturbo SI https://bit.ly/3dzdvAL
the ex: 93 3.2 http://bit.ly/14GTNrq

nlcrane
Spain Rep

Postby nlcrane » Wed Nov 17, 2021 3:54 pm

pimgmx wrote:A new life chapter, Norman...

Wishing Amparo & you all the best with the apartment hunt, and good luck with the downsizing project!
The first can be fun, I guess the latter probably less so...

Many thanks Pim, it comes to all of us in the end, we are very fortunate that we have sufficient resources to plan in minute detail our next steps and nothing will be forced spur of the moment or “knee jerk” actions. Just testing the water at the moment but going forward we will be looking at possible apartments in Madrid next week (travelling by train) :o :o
Nogmaals hartelijk dank en de beste wensen voor jou en Cassandra.
ImageImageImage
1994 Sovereign Gold 4.0

Area rep. SPAIN

abercanadian

Postby abercanadian » Sun Nov 21, 2021 8:25 am

I just keep buying more stuff -to hell with downsizing!
Driving up island tomorrow to pick up a new fishing boat, 20' with a trailer 6 cylinder inboard motor.
Looking forward to some winter spring salmon fishing this year and next summer I'll be hauling it around towing it with my motorhome.

I ain't ready to be put out to pasture yet even though I'm 72! :lol:

Larry
94 XJ40 VDP vin 701729
Oyster Metallic/Doeskin on Aero Alloys
240,000 km/149,000 Miles
Daily Driver

94 XJ40 SOVEREIGN vin 703632
Diamond Blue Metallic/Barley
111,000 km/69,000 Miles
Parts Car

nlcrane
Spain Rep

Postby nlcrane » Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:53 pm

abercanadian wrote:I just keep buying more stuff -to hell with downsizing!
Driving up island tomorrow to pick up a new fishing boat, 20' with a trailer 6 cylinder inboard motor.
Looking forward to some winter spring salmon fishing this year and next summer I'll be hauling it around towing it with my motorhome.

I ain't ready to be put out to pasture yet even though I'm 72! :lol:

Larry

Larry, no question of getting put out to pasture, just simplifying things a wee bit and getting other folk to do the things that I normally have to do now.
Good luck with the boat, I hope that you have lots of fun. I once asked a Geordie, who had emigrated to Canada and who was temporarily working for me in Argentina, what they did in Canada for the summer and his answer was “It depends if it falls on a weekend or not”. I have to add that he normally lived in Fort Saskatchewan, Alberta. Geordie humour obviously.
ImageImageImage
1994 Sovereign Gold 4.0

Area rep. SPAIN

Return to “General Chat”