Xclusively Jaguar
SNG Barratt
David Marks Garages
Make a donation to XJ40.com

SLS removal

Lightweight

SLS removal

Postby Lightweight » Sun Jun 28, 2020 12:02 am

For everyone who has had the SLS removed did they drill the cap to the fluid reservoir?
Should the hoses have been capped off or looped back on themselves to keep fluid going through the pump?
Thanks
Andy
1993 (94-MY) XJ81 VIN - 67xxxx
Salt Lake City, Utah.

NMV 1E
Distinguished Mbr

Re: SLS removal

Postby NMV 1E » Sun Jun 28, 2020 2:29 pm

I personally don't have any experience of / with this system, other than to suggest from an "engineering" point, of view the pump needs to be further employed in order to keep the power steering operative :?: ;)
Life begins at Forty !... I was born with nothing, I seem to have most of it left.

2002 Titan Silver BMW 316ti Auto Compact
2000 Bright Green V.W. Golf Avantgarde Cabriolet
1989 White and Navy Blue V.W. Golf Cabriolet (G.T.i.)

Lightweight

Re: SLS removal

Postby Lightweight » Sun Jun 28, 2020 5:48 pm

Currently assuming the pump has two impellers, one for PAS and the other for the SLS system. However my assumption is that if the SLS side runs dry it will eventually cause the entire unit to seize.
More investigation is in order. I am sure I read a TB from Jaguar about the removal of the SLS system so I need to find that again.

Update - So I have not been able to find the retrofit guide yet, but it does look like there are various generations of SLS with the later cars 93.25 onwards having separate pumps in the same housing.
1993 (94-MY) XJ81 VIN - 67xxxx
Salt Lake City, Utah.