David Marks Garages
Make a donation to XJ40.com

RARER THAN A RARE THING

xj12-rob
XJ40 Guru

Re: RARER THAN A RARE THING

Postby xj12-rob » Mon Apr 13, 2009 8:25 pm

Just done a deal on a another one of these machines, this will be my fourth

This one is Carnival Red and light colour inside, yet to see it in the metal, but it is car known to me, which i nearly bought a year or so ago, well it's finally come my way, it will need some work, a little reagged round the edges is how the owner describes it, but it looks an essentially good car, short mot and some tax, but it appears to have good history, all the usually faulty items work, and all the bits that are normally missing are present and correct, 136K with 9 ownwrs is not great, but i sold a similar one last year that was just amazing, in fact the car was back here over the weeknd with it's new owner looking a million dollars

Price, well let's just say I believe I paid a premium for the rarity of the car, if it was an auto I would have walked away

Interestingly though it is a September 1994 build, a very early car in the first 250 X300's built, as far as I'm aware it is the earliest known XJR manual, add that to my 1997 June P plater which is the latest one known (apart from possibly the JDHT car) it makes an interesting pair

Pics to follow
if it ain't sideways, it ain't serious
93 XJ12
93 XJ12 SPORT
93 XJ12 SPARESx2
94 3.2 GOLD MAJESTIC
94 4.0 SOV MAJESTICx2
94 4.0 INSIGNIA
94 XJR MANUAL
97 XJR MANUALx2
93 XJ6 3.2 PAINT TEST CAR
06 X350 XJR